Thursday, July 13, 2017

Experiencing Technical Dificulties

Please Stand By...

Well it seems my 11 year old iMac is finally giving up the ghost. The last couple times I tried to use iPhoto it quit unexpectedly as I tired to export photos, and the last time I used it just downloading photos caused the program to crash the whole computer (well... the computer restarted itself...). The writing has been on the wall for some time. iPhoto was one of the main reasons I was holding on - as I like some of the functions it has that the new Photo program on Amanda's slightly newer iMac DOESN'T have!? How does a newer, fancier, more expensive computer have LESS functions than my ancient fossil of a computer!?

So I've ordered a new computer and it should be here early next week. Hopefully I'll figure something out with the Photo program.

I have, in the meantime, finished up another unit of English shot of The Pikeman's lament - as well as a handful of Scottish pike to finish up a unit of those. I'll post pictures of those as soon as I can next week. I also have a bunch of Scottish horse on the workbench and have build a half dozen more Jet Bikes - though, so far, they have only been assembled and primed...

Stay Tuned For Further Developments....

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new computer and the photo program! I'll look forward to pics of your newest miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies, and I hope you're up and running soon. I know what a PITA computers can be since mine is going wonky after only a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers... Wow. Only a year!? dang... I'll admit it's pretty spectacular that I've gotten ten and a half years out of this old one, and I can't imagine I'll get the same out of the new one... but I'm hoping it lasts more than a YEAR before things start going poorly! Yikes!

      Delete