Saturday, March 22, 2014

Game Plan 2014 Part Two




Well… the Ronin Campaign and Fourth Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge are over and done with, so it’s about time to revisit the Game Plan for 2014. While I’ve set out a fair bit of stuff to do this year for the Vimy Project, I also have some other things in mind I’d like to do…

Ongoing Song of Blades and Heroes Campagin

I’d like to get an ongoing A Song of Blades and Heroes campaign going on – using the expanded campaign rules from Song of Deeds and Glory. I seem to be having trouble getting anyone out on Saturday evenings lately… perhaps I’ll just get one going with Amanda and the kids…

A Fistful of Kung Fu

I would like to get some factions together and play a few games of A Fistful of Kung Fu – Hong Kong Movie Wargame Rules… to get a decent campaign going on I’d have to build a lot of new urban terrain – to look like Hong Kong or “Chinatown”… and I’m a little more taken with the fantasy subjects at the moment.


Summer Song of Blades and Heroes Campagin?

I was thinking it might be fun to have another game weekend in June – to bridge the gap between the February game weekend and Toon Con. A Song of Blades and Heroes campaign weekend seems like a fun idea…

Anyone else interested?


And After That…?

Starting in August we have all sorts of early Great War battle centenaries… Mons...? the Marne…? First Ypres…? I’d started modeling some 40mm British at some point last summer for this purpose (because my friend John has made EVERYTHING BUT the British for 1914 in 40mm….), but now I’m wondering if that’s a bit daft… y’know… since I already have a bunch of my own French… and Belgians… and British… and Russians… all in 28mm and suitable for the 1914 battles. Actually all I need is the blasted Germans (I’d actually ordered a regiment worth of them from Mselstrom Games when they were blowing stuff out just before they imploded… but alas I never got them…). Maybe it’s time to break down and buy a few 1914 Germans from Great War Miniatures and be done with it…

And what about Toon Con? Maybe a 1914 Great War Battle? The centenary of First Ypres would be right around that time…?


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Back to our regularly scheduled programming of newly painted figures and game reports!

I have some bizarre oddities on the workbench, not sure which is going to be done next (I’ve been a bit distracted with all this “planificating”) and it’s about time I got in a few more games of A Song of Blades and Heroes with the kids… maybe even get that campaign started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment