Monday, November 26, 2012

Monks, Marines, and Menacing Mammals!


An odd assortment of things rolling off the workbench this weekend…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Monks from Black Tree Design


Command section for my USMC Platoon from Empress Miniatures. The figures are listed as “Army”, but I’ve  painted them in MARPAT to use as Marines. I’m not sure how different their kit is otherwise… There’s some minor differences in the figures. Not sure if that’s actually a difference in the cut of the uniform, etc or just style of sculpting… Regardless, they’re “close enough” for my purposes.


EOD team from the same.

For comparison, here are some of the Empress Miniatures with some of the Eureka Miniatures I already have:


From left to right: Empress, Eureka, Empress, Eureka, Empress, Eureka, Empress, and Eureka


And a comparison shot with some other Modern Americans. From left to right: Empress, Devil Dog Design, Eureka, Gripping Beast, Empress, The Assault Group, Devil Dog Design, and Empress


Not really a Marine… He could be a Future/Space/Colonial Marine -  like the ones from Aliens (which this chap is clearly inspired by)? … Anyway… the figure is an old Grenadier Model. This line is currently available from EM4 Miniatures. I have a handful more of  these I’d like to get painted up for Tomorrow’s War.

And the most fearsome creatures I have painted in a long time…

Fluffy Bunnies from Black Cat Bases.

Oh this will cause my players all sorts of grief and terror… I can hear them now: “There’s a… bunny… He put a bunny on the table… what’s with the bunny? I’m not going near it! Does anyone have a grenade…?”

There was a fourth one in the pack... but I'm saving it for a Hordes of the Things element. 

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

According to Blogger this is the 999th post I've put up on this blog… I think I’ll have to come up with something special for post #1000… Stay tuned….

2 comments:

  1. Tim


    All of the mammals (humans and bunnies) look very menacing! The bunnies look like the ones we get bounding up our street.

    Cheers
    PD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bunnies "Its got a vicious streak a mile wide...look at the bones!"

    Like the monks too!

    ReplyDelete