Saturday, January 30, 2010

Samurai Archers (finally!)


You’d think after all the time I’ve been working on these I’d have two or three stands of them done… sadly no, all I’ve finished is the one…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)



These are Clan War figures from AEG. I’ve painted them in a red, orange, and yellow scheme to make them Phoenix Clan Samurai.

As mentioned before my Phoenix Clan army will be heavy on the magic – three Magician/Shugenja stands and most of the close combat infantry will be summoned creatures (the ghostly “Void Guard” or Earth Elementals) or magically protected (“Avalanche Guard”). Human life is far to precious to the Phoenix to risk any actual people mixing it up in close combat. I figured they DO have to have SOME Samurai however, so I’m going to include a couple stands of these Heavy Bow/Samurai Archers in the army.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have no idea... I'm mostly still sorting and organizing and planning...

1 comment:

  1. Great site Tim. You’ve inspired me to start my own version of DBA/HoTT in 28mm using slightly bigger bases (8cm rather than 6cm frontages). I have my first couple of armies completed. Pop by and have a look

    http://craigswargamingblog.blogspot.com/

    Craig

    ReplyDelete